Drug Repositioning Solutions
Informatics can play a critical role in identifying novel uses for drugs that span the therapeutic pipeline. Data from public resources, compound screening databases, internal proprietary data of the pharmaceuticals and clinical trial information play an important role in the success of drug repositioning. We bring together a best-in-class service line that serves various needs in this niche.
- Review of existing literature with an eye toward new drug combinations or diseases indications
- Data integration of disparate sources with disease and drug information to identify newer associations
- Develop network models of biological and pathological conditions to elucidate new useful compound intervention points ( key proteins nodes that play role in disease)
- Profiling of side effects due to off-target action of marketed drugs to determine the likelihood of them acting on the same target molecule and identification of novel potential therapeutic applications.
- Capabilities in patent curation enables to understand IP issues relating to new use of known drugs